Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Writing a Book is an Adventure!

Writing a book is an adventure. 

The excitement builds within your stomach as you etch your first word onto a blank page. Your mind unlocks as hundreds of I walked paths expose themselves to you.
It is time to create your own world, fill it with unique characters, and ultimately tell a story. 

I began my journey to the Netherworld last November. It all began as an experiment. I was inspired by my friend, Melinda Metz, the author of the Roswell series and many other amazing books. 

Each week I would write a chapter and before I knew it, people all over the world were reading and telling me how much they enjoyed Koa, Halston, and their team of supernatural agents. Before I knew it, I had a book. Well...two actually.
I had the skeleton of The Chronicles of Koa: Netherworld, and the sequel, Dark Prophet

Writing a book is fun...but it is not always easy. Netherworld seemed to write itself. Dark Prophet...not so much. I find myself at a crossroads. There are so many characters that I want to give the spotlight and so little time. I'm a perfectionist, but sometimes that can work to my disadvantage. 

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I've changed the plot to Dark Prophet at least three times! Whew! It's true. Once you change a book's plot so many times, you can being confused or...lost. Thankfully, I found my way once again by:

1st- Letting the manuscript rest
2nd- Listening to my dreams

By taking a step away from the manuscript, it somehow (through the power and magic of the fairy muses) worked itself out. 


And now, I am energized and ready to share this incredible tale of revenge, the bond between a mother and her daughter, love, betrayal, and as always...one bad-ass half-blood with an enchanted sword. ;) Stay tuned, Dark Prophet will be released March 2014!

Update:
Dark Prophet is now an Amazon best seller and available now!

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Prophet-Book-Chronicles-Series-ebook/dp/B00ISEO5H4/ref=pd_sim_kstore_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0EDEJ9M8NVA6W27SCC6Vhttp://www.amazon.com/Dark-Prophet-Book-Chronicles-Series-ebook/dp/B00ISEO5H4/ref=pd_sim_kstore_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0EDEJ9M8NVA6W27SCC6V



No comments:

Post a Comment