Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Blog Hop!!


Whoa! That was a fun, right? I just hopped all the way from Thomas Ray Manning's blog. I'm a little dizzy, but it seems he's left a few questions written on a note in my pocket. Very interesting. Hmmm... Let's begin, shall we?

1. What are you working on right now?
Right now I am working on two novels! The sequel to The Chronicles of Koa: Netherworld will be released this December. It is called Lyrinian Blade and you can read a sample here! I am also working on a young adult dark fantasy novel called Raina: Sin-Reaper and that will also be released in December. 

2. How does it differ from other works in it's genre?
Lyrinian Blade is different because it gives an entirely new lore to vampires, angels, demons, and brings new creatures such as War-Breeders, Syths, Scayors, and Jems to life. You'll get to explore an alternate world called the Netherworld, meet its creatures, and learn the mysteries of Koa and her mother's past. In true K.N. Lee fashion, there are tons of twists and turns, and you will never guess what will happen next!

3. Why do you write what you do? 
I write because it is one of the only things that makes me happy. I choose to write fantasy because it is an escape from reality and I can create my own worlds and characters and give them life. I write horror because it is a way to cope with the horrific nightmares I experience each night.

4. How does your writing process work?
When I write, I usually turn on movie soundtracks or Celtic music, light candles or incense and escape to a place of my creation. I start with a dream, or a character, and I let them do all of the work. Take Koa for instance. She is one feisty, headstrong character. has the power, I simply wield the pen! All of my stories are very character driven. I let them take the lead and I follow them along the journey, surprised by every twist and turn. Whenever I get lost on this journey, I'll then turn to the usage of an outline. Once the story is done, I follow Stephen King's advice and let it rest in a drawer for a few weeks. Then, the red pen comes out and it's revision time! 
Woohoo! 
How fun! (Not really) But after letting the manuscript rest, you aren't as close to it as you once were and you can chop the unnecessary bits without sobbing like a baby. Then, it's off to beta readers and after that, I send it to my editor. It's a daunting process, but I love it!

And now, we'll hop on over to Morgan Jane's Blog next Monday!
Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment