Thursday, April 4, 2013

Love in a Coffee Shop- Poem

Love in a Coffee Shop
K.N. Lee 

Reaching for that fleeting look
You smiled at me
And I was hooked

I looked back
You looked away
I'm silently begging
Please stay!
Please stay!


Heart thumps
Blood pumps

I peak over a crinkled book
You smiled at me
And I was hooked

You looked back
I looked away
I'm silently begging
Please stay!
Please stay!

Love in a coffee shop

My mind plays games
When we exchange names
Hi, I'm Cara
Hi, I'm James

There!
I saw it!
You saw it too!

You like me...
And I like you

Why pretend
There's nothing there
Give in
No!
BEWARE!

I feel afraid
This can't be real
But then you smile
And I feel...
What I feel...

Courage now
We all take risks
Don't give up on
A love like this 

To feel your lips
Upon my lips

Sigh

Love in a coffee shop