Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Lonely- A Poem

Lonely
K.N. Lee

It's an empty space
An empty place
A fantasy
And a dream

I yearn for something
Or someone

It's a quiet hurricane
A struggle to stay sane
A flood of numbness
And a plague

I yearn for something
Or someone

Lonely

I tilt my head
And stare off at nothing
My hands shake
And the tears sting
Loneliness
Is a cruel, horrid, thing

A need
A desire
A deep breath
And a long...
Painful
Sigh

I yearn for something
That something is a love to fill that deep,
Bone-chilling
Void
That will carry me through
I yearn for someone
That someone is simply
You

2 comments:

  1. Wow - that was an emotionally packed poem! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think we've all been there at some point of our lives. If not, then you're a lucky person! :D

      Delete