Monday, April 29, 2013

Fogged Mirror- By guest poet Shane Hogan!!

Fogged Mirror
Shane Hogan

I do remember I was in love.
There was an easy breeze 
That blew through all of those days.

Sight spawned from Naivety 
Allowed me to live in short spells
Of what I idealized.


Your word and scent was my addiction.
I arrived home drunk many nights
On thoughts of tomorrow.
 
Buzz.Buzz.Buzz 

You were my plant 
And I was your bee.
Then one day change came.
I did not understand how
But did not think, i was still drunk.
I believed the easy breeze would return.

It did not.

As my whole being entered withdrawal,
What was idealized started to crumble.
I was not the bee who found his plant.
I was the bee who was fooled by the jam jar
And only realized as i started to sink.
I could never have known
That ones beauty could so easily corrupt.
 

Inflicted with a disability i still care,
For a person who does not dwell within.
For my love was a one horse race,
That proved to be a very weak glue.
Although it is sabotage
I ponder on former actions.
It is treacherous to be a long since
Faded memory to someone,
When they are not to you.
I remember.

I have loved.

For More On Shane Hogan:


4 comments:

  1. When I read this poem last night, it spoke to my soul. I've felt this before, and the beauty of such emotions can be haunting. Thank you for sharing this lovely art with us, Shane. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with K.Lee, we a humans have a tendency to fall for love so easily,everyone has felt this pain just as I,but knowing pain awaits to crumble our heart/ humanity.. we allow to let love win us over, because it a beautiful feeling, life has to offer. Beautifully said Shane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shane, this is so beautifully written. The feeling of being in love surely does not last long so all we are left with is the memory. Great poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting poem. Rather sad. Deep.

    ReplyDelete