Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Paranormal Love Wednesday Blog Hop

Paranormal Love Wednesday Blog Hop


An exclusive excerpt from The Scarlett Legacy:

Avalon cracked a grin, smoothing her thigh with his soft palm. He took his hand away, leaving her cold.
He’s messing with me, she thought. He has to be using magic. I cannot melt like a desperate school girl whenever he looks at me or touches me.
She shivered and lifted her glass of water to her lips the second the waiter was done pouring from the glass jug.
“I’ll have a whisky,” Avalon said.
“Very well,” the waiter said. “I’ll be back for your orders.”
Evie drank her entire glass of water before setting it back down on the white tablecloth.
The wine and whisky was brought to their table by another server. Evie took a hearty sip, wincing at the bitter flavor of the rich cabernet. Avalon swished his whisky around in his glass before taking a sip.
“Do you like your new room?”
Evie took another sip, shrugging. “Its fine. I miss my own.”
“No you don’t. You know you’re glad to be out of that place. Admit it.”
Evie frowned. “What do you mean? Scarlett Hall is my home.”
“No,” Avalon said. “Albrect Mansion is your home now.”
Pursing her lips, Evie nodded. “Not much I can do about that, is there?”
“Of course there is,” he said, rubbing his tattooed knuckles across his chin. “You can get used to it.”
“How long do I have to stay?”
Avalon’s face went serious. In his eyes, she saw how much he adored her. It was scary. Parker looked at her the same way.
“Until you love me,” he said.
Swallowing hard, Evie couldn’t break free from his gaze. She hated how he did that, but his statement caught her off guard.
“What are you talking about?”
He sighed. “Do I have to keep explaining myself to you, Evie? What is it going to take for you to really understand what’s happening here? None of this was about my father, or your father, or Wes. It was about you. Always has been.”



No comments:

Post a Comment