Wednesday, October 8, 2014

An Interview with Author, Stephann Ibrahim

An Interview with Author, 

Stephann Ibrahim


Where are you from?

I was born in St. George’s Grenada, in the Caribbean. However, I grew up in Frederick, Maryland  


When did you start writing?

I started writing at about the age of five. I began to keep journals in composition notebooks after an elementary school teacher gave me a notebook. Since then I haven’t stopped!


What is your favorite part about writing?
My favorite part about writing is having the ability to express myself and create a world through words.


What have you learned from writing your books?

That it’s not as easy as I thought it would be, getting all of your thoughts and ideas or a story plot into one book can be tough. Sometimes I get new ideas and I’m more than halfway through writing a book so I have to find a way to insert that idea. But the main thing I’ve learned is that sometimes a story evolves into more than you initially imagined and you just have to roll with the inspiration that comes your way.


How long does it usually take for you to complete a novel?

It takes me about a month, sometimes a few weeks if I dedicate all of my time to it. I originally wrote the first chapter of Hearts of Larceny years ago but it wasn't until last February I decided to start where I left off and complete it. It took me about three weeks to write. However with my upcoming novels there’s a longer time frame because the word count will be larger.


What was the inspiration for your book, Hearts of Larceny?

  My main inspiration for this book came from the main character I created, Jordan Thatcher; the rest came from my obsession with the Investigative Discovery Channel. I love watching shows that have a good scandalous mystery and I thought since I love mysteries so much why not write one? I developed the characters based on people I have encountered in real life and Jordan is based off of a combination a different women. She ultimately the woman that every female loves to hate and I based the majority of the book off of that idea.


Are you working on any projects right now? Can you share a snippet with us?
  
  I am currently working on Part 2 of Hearts of Larceny as well as another book, Diary of a Femme Fatale. I’m creating a series called The SIN Series and Hearts of Larceny is the debut book for that series. Here’s a small snippet for Diary of a Femme Fatale:
      
June 1
     
     The blistering sun covered my forehead as my auburn eyes hid behind the shades of my over-sized sunglasses. I could feel it already; this summer was going to be a scorcher. After taking a much needed sip from my water bottle, I picked up the shovel that lay next to my right foot and began to dig. The hole was not yet large enough, at least not large enough to fit a body…

If you could choose any actress to play the main character in Hearts of Larceny, who would you choose?

I would choose Michelle Trachtenberg, because she is great at playing a mentally unstable bad girl. The main character, Jordan Thatcher, has bad girl written all over her.


Do you have any advice for other authors?

If you have an idea for a story just start writing it down even if you think it’s silly. It’s a great way to brainstorm. Sometimes the lack of inspiration can get frustrating, but once you get it hold on to it and see where it takes you.


Is there anything that you want to say to your readers?

The main that I want to say to readers is that I hope that they get the same experience I get from reading. As a child I loved to read because reading took me to another world. Being able to give someone else that experience is the reason I wanted to become an author.


Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I hope to be an established author with a large reading base. Ideally I would have wanted to become better at my craft by then. Call it dreaming big but in ten years I can see myself on a best seller list if I work hard enough for it. 




Purchase Links






Social Media Links 


Author Bio
Stephann Ibrahim is a writer of many genres including mystery, romance, fantasy, and children’s literature. At the young age of five she knew that writing would be her calling. After ghost writing for several small publications and pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in English, she decided to follow her dream of writing novels and novellas. Her goal is to captivate the mind of readers and allow them to get lost in another world just by reading. It has been a long term aspiration for Stephann to give readers the same wonderful reading experience she received not only as a child but also as an adult. She believes that everyone needs a mental escape even if it is just for a few hours. When’s she not substitute teaching, she spends her days writing. Stephann currently resides in Maryland with her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment