Monday, September 15, 2014

Introducing Author, D.L. Carter **Author Feature**

Introducing author, D.L. Carter


D.L. Carter was decanted from her incubation pod in the outback of Australia many decades ago. This terrifying event was closely followed by shrieks of "there, there it goes. Hit it with a brick!"
These valiant attempts to correct the existence of D.L. were, unfortunately, unsuccessful and she now resides in New Jersey, US., in a box with her toys, two human beings and three cats.






**Mature Audience Advisory***
Brothers are supposed to be kind... caring... supportive... protective. Catherine Walman's brother, however, is not. He has maligned her reputation until no honorable man will seek her company, wasted her dowry and endangered her home with his gambling and now his new wife has made it clear Catherine is no longer welcome. The hand of fortune intervenes when a letter arrives advising Catherine that a stranger has bequeathed to her "a home and money to keep it." Catherine seizes upon this chance, hoping that it might be enough for her to be independent, to be free - only to discover this stranger also had a brother, or two, or three.




5 star review 

Don't you love when good things happen to people who really deserve it? And, when horrible people get what they deserve? That is the type of literary fulfillment that Ms. Carter is offering with this regency mystery/romance. As with all her works, the characters are complex, the dialogue is witty, the plot is intriguing, the mystery is not-easily-solved (or guessed) and the romance is perfectly paced with just the right amount of steam! My favorite thing about this work is that, though the suspense kept me on edge, there were several well-placed laugh-out-loud moments. I know that I will read this one again and again!


5 star Review


I love love love Crimes of the Brothers. I must admit, I am a fan of D.L. Carter, I expect great things from her and with this book I was once more deeply entertained. I find that you can't go wrong with wit, romance and laughter. More than once my husband asked what was so funny since I wouldn't stop laughing. The main character, Catherine, is a strong woman with a weak family to say the least. The brother is irresponsible and totally deplorable. She is financially savvy and can hold her own with the best of them. This book makes me want to travel to England, the description of the country side transport me back in time. The Marbone Estate could be the setting of the next BBC short series. I was thinking of Downton Abbey quite often when reading the happenings of such a large Estate. I adore Sir Philip De Clerke, at times I wanted to kiss the book and hope the kiss reached him...lol. And of course, Sir Philip's mother has to be the overbearing, overreaching future mother in law. There were twist and turns in the story's plot to keep me wondering and entertained. I'll keep my fingers cross and hope there is a sequel to this book. :)

Download Today!


No comments:

Post a Comment