Friday, June 14, 2013

Review of Escape of Princess Madeline by author, Kirstin Pulioff!

Escape of Princess Madeline. Young Adult Fiction/Fantasy
 

As I read this book, I couldn't help thinking about my days as a young girl in middle school. This is the exact kind of book I would have devoured! 

Escape of Princess Madeline was a treat. It had all of the elements girls crave...adventure, a forbidden romance, wizards, and a beautiful setting. 

Madeline is headstrong and knows her own mind. When she decides to defy her father, the king of Soron, and deny the many suitors that have arrived her hand in marriage, she enters a world unlike anything she could have imagined. 

The outside world is not what she envisioned...

Running away from the palace and into the hands of bandits makes Madeline change her mind about her situation.

I enjoyed the parallel story of Daniel, her knight champion and secret crush. It was fun seeing his POV, although a little jarring at times, in that his thoughts invade a chapter without notice. I would have loved a little insight into how he came to love her. Was it love at first sight? Had they met as children? That would have been amazing!

Escape of Princess Madeline was cute, fun, and a quick, satisfying read! It was well written, full of imagery, and left me wanting  more. I look forward to the next one, Battle for Princess Madeline!

 



Image of Kirstin Pulioff
Kirstin Pulioff is a storyteller at heart. Born and raised in Southern California, she moved to the Pacific Northwest to follow her dreams and graduated from Oregon State University (Go Beavs!) with a degree in Forest Management. Happily married and a mother of two, she lives in Oregon, and enjoys being a stay at home mom. When she's not writing, she is busy with her kids, church and the family business.
I love to hear from my readers and fans. Please connect with me on my other sites:
Webpage: www.kirstinpulioff.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/kirstinpulioffauthor
Twitter: www.twitter.com/KirstinPulioff
Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/author/show/6558842.Kirstin_Pulioff

No comments:

Post a Comment