THE WITCHY BUNDLE
The Witchy Bundle - Curated by Simon Kewin
The end of April and the start of May – exactly six months from Halloween – has always been a time for witches, magic and the influence of the Other World in pagan folklore. The Celtic festival of Beltane is traditionally observed on May 1st, and April 30th is also known as Walpurgis Night – or in Germanic folklore Hexennacht, literally "Witches' Night."
What better time, then, to partake in the Witchy Bundle, your chance to grab a collection of ten truly magical books that involve witches of one sort or another. This collection takes us all across our own world as well as into other lands that touch upon ours. There are American witches and witches battling the Nazis in war-torn Europe. There are dark twists on fairy tales and witches in the wild west. There are witches who don't know they have the power or the sight until dire need comes upon them.
Thrillers, fantasy, romance, horror, mystery – there are books here to suit every taste.
The ten books feature bestselling authors as well as rising stars. The list includes my own urban fantasy/high fantasy novel Hedge Witch, the first book in the Cloven Land Trilogy. We also have USA Today bestselling author Catherine Stine's Witch of the Cards, David Neth's The Full Moon, the first volume in his Under the Moon series. Christine Pope gives us Darknight, a Witches of Cleopatra Hill tale, and Alesha Escobar has her thrilling Gray Tower trilogy.
Matthew S. Cox contributes his Nine Candles of Deepest Black and Sara O. Thompson her Muddy Waters, the first in the Otherwhere series. Milo James Fowler's Coyote Cal omnibus takes us to the gunslinging weird west and Steve Vernon gives us his spine-chilling Tatterdemon omnibus. NY Times bestselling author K. N. Lee's book in the bundle is Academia of the Beast, a dark retelling of Beauty and the Beast.
As always, at StoryBundle, you name your own price — whatever you feel the books are worth — and a portion of the proceeds goes to charity (in this case, Mighty Writers and Girls Write Now). For $5 (or more, if you feel generous), you'll get the basic bundle of five books in any ebook format—WORLDWIDE. If you pay $15 (or more, if you feel generous), you'll get the five bonus books as well.
The Witchy Bundle runs for three weeks only. This is a great deal, and a great way to pick up a batch of witchy books for Beltane. – Simon Kewin
And for a limited time, all newsletter subscribers can get a copy of Darkangel by Christine Pope—the first part of the Witches of Cleopatra Hill trilogy! Make sure to get this before you start on Darknight, found in the Witchy Bundle.
The initial titles in the Witchy Bundle (minimum $5 to purchase) are:
- The Tatterdemon Omnibus by Steve Vernon
- Hedge Witch by Simon Kewin
- Coyote Cal by Milo James Fowler
- Academia of the Beast by K.N. Lee
- Muddy Waters by Sara O. Thompson
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $15, you get all five of the regular titles, plus five more!
- The Full Moon by David Neth
- Nine Candles of Deepest Black by Matthew S. Cox
- Darknight - The Witches of Cleopatra Hill Book 2 by Christine Pope
- Witch of the Cards by Catherine Stine
- The Gray Tower Trilogy by Alesha Escobar
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books!
It's also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We've chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that's fine! You'll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there's nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to Mighty Writers and Girls Write Now!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you'll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.
For more information, visit our website at storybundle.com, tweet us at @storybundle and like us on Facebook.