(Top 10 Favorite Books!)
Top Ten Favorite Books
1. Tending to Virginia by Jill McCorkle
2. Crash Diet by Jill McCorkle
3. Final Vinyl Days by Jill McCorkle (I have to stop at three, but I could I have named more.)
4. A Vocation and A Voice by Kate Chopin
5. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
6. Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich
7. The Mezzanine by Nicholson Baker
8. The Pull of the Moon and The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted by Elizabeth Berg (tie)
9. Fortune’s Daughter by Alice Hoffman
10. Happy All the Time by Laurie ColwinAn award winning writer and blogger, Stephanie's second grade teacher told her she should be a writer and she hasn't wavered in her path since. In her past life - before kids - Stephanie was an arts reporter and music journalist. She spent her twenties listening to loud rock bands (including her drummer husband's) in bars all around Boston and New England.
She lives in New York on Long Island with her husband, three very active boys and two slightly crazy rescue dogs (one of whom is three-legged). Stephanie lives right in between the Atlantic Ocean and the Long Island Sound and loves to have her toes in the sand. She is a rabid New York Rangers fan. In her limited spare time she loves to watch hockey and yell at the screen like she's the Rangers' coach and they can hear her...
Stephanie's first novel, Goddess of Suburbia, is out now from Booktrope. Suburbia meets scandal as PTA mom, Max Green's,tidy, boring life implodes. As everything Max thought was important falls away, she finally learns to stop living on autopilot and start living authentically, no longer a suburban lemming running towards the cliff of old age. Goddess of Suburbia took first place in the Cleveland Rocks Romance contest in the Mainstream with Romantic Elements category and garnered an Honorable Mention in the Golden Acorn Quick Look Hook contest, also in the Mainstream with Romantic Elements category. It was a finalist in the CTRWA Write Stuff contest in the Mainstream with Romantic Elements category, as well.
Her short story, A New Life, is out now from The Wild Rose Press. A New Life tells the story of new parents Grace and Zach who have drifted apart after the birth of their first child. Will the love they still feel bring them back together? Stephanie's short story You & Me is part of The Wild Rose Press' Candy Hearts Romance series. Do Candy Hearts arriving in Alex Spencer's mailbox mean a second chance with her first love?
Suburbia meets scandal in this hopeful and honest portrayal of that moment in every woman’s life when it's time to make a change, even if that means risking losing it all. Goddess of Suburbia by Stephanie Kepke is a must-read for women looking to reconnect with their passions, and live authentically.
When pillar of the community and PTA mom, Max, allowed her husband, Nick, to record a sex video of them on his cell phone, she thought of it as simply a way to keep Nick interested and entertained during his frequent business trips. But suddenly, Max is trending everywhere—her video lighting up the blogosphere and Twitter, thanks to the fact that she’s a genuine, imperfect woman. Now the paparazzi are chronicling her every move; her daughter wants to disown her; and her marriage has completely fallen apart. Just as things can't get any more chaotic, Max's college boyfriend, shows up two decades after he broke her heart. Now Max must learn to stop going through the motions of her life on auto-pilot and start living authentically, or risk forever being a suburban lemming running towards the cliff of old age.