Monday, March 3, 2014

Author Interview: Lillian Roberts!

How fun! I'm incredibly excited to introduce author, Lilian Roberts to you all. 

Where are you from?
I was born in Athens Greece
What inspired you to write your first book? What genre is it?
I started to write when I was very young. It was more like role-playing. I wrote stories and pretended that I was one of the characters. In my wildest dreams I never thought that one day I will become and actual author and see my books in print. It is the most extraordinary feeling in the world. I was fascinated with the possibility of human immortality. As an engineer I always wondered about the probability of longevity. What if? That is a big question that still keeps the scientist looking for answers. I am not going to see that possibility in my lifetime so I decided to make it happen in my books.
The genre is Paranormal / romance
Do you write full-time or part-time? How do you balance your writing life with your family/work life?
I do not write full-full time. I have a very dementing day job in a global corporation that keeps me hopping from 7:00AM to 5:00 or 6:00PM, and sometimes later. So I just stay up late so I can work on my books. It is a passion like none other. 

How did you come up with the title?
Arielle is one of my most favorite female names. The rest were developed based on the plot of the manuscript

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
I think that when you go with your passion and your vision, you are eventually going to achieve that which will make you happy. When your heart steers you toward your dream, don’t procrastinate, run toward it with every ounce of strength in your body and mind. Arielle accepted Sebastian for who he was, because her heart told her that he was the only man that would make her complete.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
A little bit of both
What books have most influenced your life most?
1) Henry James: I found very interesting the use of point of view of his story character. By doing that he was able to explore the heroine’s consciousness and perception. That is something I try to use in my books.
2) Sherrilyn Kenyon: I have read her Dark-Hunter vampire series. I loved the fact that she created soulless guardians to protect humans from those who wish to destroy mankind.
3) Emily Bronte: Her amazing novel “Wuthering Heights” left me mesmerized. Heathcliff’s orphaned status, his undying love for Catherine, his ambiguous position in society, the physical and mental cruelty he endured, and finally his revenge, are a stunning mixture of emotions that the author interweaved masterfully throughout the story.
What book are you reading now?
I am reading for the second time “Rebecca” by Daphne Du Maurier. This is an incredible story of a young innocent clumsy girl who falls in love with the very wealthy and complex Mr de Winter. I was intrigued by the secrets, the obscurity, the suspense and the romance that were hiding behind the walls of Manderley. What a rollercoaster of emotions? I couldn’t believe how I was being affected by her deep emotions of desperation, depression and fear. I loved the book but several times I had to put it down and walk away. I don’t think I have ever done that with any other book.
Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Michael Crichton
What are your current projects?
I am working on completing the 8th book in the series “Immortal Rapture” That will complete this saga.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
Not a single word.
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
My life is very busy. Trying to find the quiet moments I need to work on my manuscript is the most challenging part in writing.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Trying to keep names, dates and places correct through out 8 books.  Coming up with unique scenarios of revenge for my villain immortals. And keeping the story interesting and finding a great cliff-hanger for each book. Ensuring the reader is interested and eager to purchase the next book.
Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I don’t underestimate the readers. I try to write an interesting story and produce a book that will keep people engaged. I want to make my readers a fan and to give them a book that will keep them coming back for more.
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Thank you. It is the most rewarding and surreal experience to receive your wonderful feedback after reading my book. To the future readers, thank you for loving books and making my book your choice.

Do you have an agent or publisher? How did you go about finding one?
I had actually self-published my first four books in the Immortal Rapture series. My publicist was promoting them well, and each of the books made it onto Amazon bestseller lists. We were getting great reviews, and she happened to mention this to someone at her publishing house “Booktrope”. The director looked at my work and loved the idea of the series and forwarded the information about the synopses and sales figures to the Chief of Marketing. She bought my first book, Arielle Immortal Awakening and loved it. Next thing I knew, she was calling me to talk about the series as a whole, and soon after I had a contract. My first book is being re-published by Booktrope on February the 10th. They will be releasing one book each month until the whole series is published.
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
On a remote Island J
If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Immortality

Author Bio:
Lilian Roberts
I am an engineer, a wife, a mother and an avid reader. I turned my love of reading into a passion for writing, and have published the first four volumes in the Immortal Rapture Series. Arielle Immortal Awakening (Volume I), which was released in November 2012, Arielle Immortal Seduction (Volume II), released in January of 2013, Arielle Immortal Passion (Volume III), released April 2013, and Arielle: Immortal Quickening (Volume IV), released July 8th 2013. I was to release Arielle Immortal Journey (Volume V) in December of 2013 but Booktrope has picked the series and will start re-releasing them February the 10th of this year.
I have completed seven of the eight book series and working on completing book 8 next month.
All four novels have appeared on Amazon’s top 100 list three times and held their place for 4 weeks.
 


http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9MKKNQ/?tag=viewbookat0e-20

ARIELLE IMMORTAL AWAKENING  is the first book in the series:
A mortal soul…From the time college co-ed Arielle Lloyd had been young, she had been able to hear the thoughts and feel the pain of certain others, and those she comes to think of as her special group. One friend’s dabbling with spells and magic showed her the power of love that can endure beyond the grave. But another friend’s terrifying encounter with a warlock left Arielle wary of those who claim otherworldly powers. On holiday in the south of France, a chance encounter could change her mind. Or could cost her life.
An Immortal man…Sebastian Gaulle is the wealthy, handsome owner of an international company. He is also an Immortal. For five centuries he has sought the one soul who can fulfill his dreams of everlasting love. Then he meets Arielle, whose heart calls out to him like no other.
A timeless love…Sebastian has made his choice clear. But jealous Immortals from his past threaten retaliation. They have vowed to destroy any woman who becomes involved with him. In spite of the powerful protection amulet Sebastian gives Arielle, death stalks their newfound love. Their love may be eternal, but they may be running out of time.



http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BAGC4V6/?tag=viewbookat0e-20

ARIELLE IMMORTAL SEDUCTION IS THE SECOND BOOK IN THE SERIES
A time of waiting…Arielle Lloyd has found the love of her life, but his business as the owner of an international company calls him away. She longs for Sebastian, but stays busy with school, and finds comfort in spending time with her best friends, Gabby and Eva. It is during Sebastian’s absence that a stranger enters Arielle’s life at the university and threatens to shatter her joy with a vicious assault.
A time of renewal…The return of Sebastian Gaulle, Arielle’s Immortal love, brings a return of joy. Her terrifying experience has her rethinking her vow of remaining chaste until marriage. Arielle already knows Sebastian is the one man she will love for eternity. Sebastian has longed for Arielle, like no other. He has carried a ring in his pocket for her almost from the first moment they met. He’s only waiting for the right moment to pledge his eternal love for her.
A time of danger…But Sebastian’s past still threatens their future. A trio of jealous Immortal women has vowed Sebastian will belong to no other woman for centuries to come. Arielle, Sebastian, and their friends must join together to fight off the Immortals bent on utter destruction, if they are ever to find their eternal happiness.



ARIELLE IMMORTAL PASSION IS THE THIRD BOOK IN THE SERIES
An interlude in paradise…St. Jean De Luz, in the south of France, is the gorgeous setting of one of Sebastian Gaulle’s family estates. It is to this lush place that the Immortal takes his love, Arielle Brown, and her friends, to relax and spend their holiday exploring the surroundings and learning about his family’s history.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CJRMYVA/?tag=viewbookat0e-20A snake in the garden…There is no safety in this paradise, however, as Sebastian’s past continues to haunt him. The Immortal, Annabel, still lusts for vengeance on Sebastian and seeks to destroy his new love. While exploring, Arielle’s life is endangered when she discovers dangerous hidden strangers occupying the house.
Evil that will not die…Trapped, threatened, and nearing her last breath, Arielle must call on the powerful magic of her friend, Eva, for help. Sebastian must rally his Immortal friends and family to protect his love and expel the evil before his paradise is forever lost.





ARIELLE IMMORTAL QUICKENING IS THE FOUTH BOOK PUBLISHED IN THE SERIES
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DSFELG8/?tag=viewbookat0e-20A fatal night….College co-ed Arielle Lloyd is on vacation with her immortal love, Sebastian Gaulle, when they receive word of a dreadful accident. Her dear friend Gabrielle hovers near death. But it’s much worse for her beloved friends, Eva and Ian. In spite of Eva’s magical abilities, their lives have been cut tragically short.
An immortal choice…Troy Vasser’s only love is Gabrielle, but on the night of the accident, his deepest concern is for their dying friends. While the life force within Ian and Eva flickered dangerously low, Troy had to make a hard choice. He could either let them die or lose their humanity and live as immortals. So he did the only thing he could: he gave them immortality. Now it is up to Arielle to break the news to Eva before the transformation is complete.
A quest for vengeance…Danger continues to stalk Arielle’s life. Unknown to her, her new professor is an immortal, and he is furious when he discovers that Arielle is wearing an amulet, that should be owned by immortals only. Sebastian’s nemesis, Annabel, has also not given on up on her quest to destroy Arielle. What Annabel doesn’t realize is that Arielle’s circle of friends has drastically changed. There are two newly minted immortals that adore her and have vowed to protect her.

Contact Information for Lilian Roberts:





No comments:

Post a Comment