Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pushing Forward- New Novel Checklist Part 2

I have one chapter of my new project, The Last Morai, completed and it feels good! I love the fresh faces of my new characters Asha and Viktor, and can't wait to see how their relationship develops. It is always exciting at the beginning of a book...

One thing that I will do differently this time around is push forward. I will try...and it will be hard...but I will not go back and edit and revise until the book is finished!

Tell me, do you guys have that problem as well?

I know I do. I always go back and go through every line, seeking perfection. This takes a lot of time! Imagine how quickly I could have been done with Rise of the Flame! Instead of two years, perhaps I could have been done in one. I think it is important to get the story out quickly, while its still fresh in the forefront of your mind.

Going back, stalls the creative process. It is difficult, but it can be done. I finished The Chronicles of Koa in six months...because I didn't let myself work backwards. Let's see how this technique works on The Last Morai.

Remember, writing is less of a science, and more of an art. Do what works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment